This week I thought I’d share a personal post. I’ve been blogging for 8 months now, though it feels so much longer (why is that?!) and thought it’s about time we talked, really talked. I would love to get to know you better and hear all about you so I’ll get the ball rolling with 10 things about me, if you’re interested keep reading. Oh and don’t forget to leave a comment below with your name, where you’re from and something I don’t know about you!
This outfit is what I wear when I haven’t got a clue what to wear, which is most days to be honest. It usually involves a basic white tee and loose jeans. Add a blazer (another wardrobe basic), a statement bag and a pair of brogues. Easy!
Thanks for dropping by – J ♥
10 THINGS ABOUT ME
- I’m into murder. Ok, not really but I do love watching and reading murder mysteries. Anything at all. I’ll even watch Murder She Wrote. As far as I’m concerned Angela Lansbury is a legend, no dispute.
- I’ve never had a pet, though I do have a younger sister.
- I survived a bomb in my hometown in Ireland in 1998 and appreciate every day of my life since.
- The last book I read was Girl on a Train. I still haven’t seen the film so it and Jack Reacher are next on my list.
- My favourite food is Italian, pizza specifically, which sucks because I have to watch my blood sugar. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with my little boy Christian so need to watch what I eat as I’m 50% likely to get diabetes. Again, it sucks.
- My favourite city is Paris but I also have a lot of love for Dublin, Zurich, Belfast, New York, London and Vienna.
- I don’t speak German but live in the German speaking part of Switzerland which is utterly embarrassing but heh I don’t starve.
- I’m a chartered occupational psychologist. I worked as a management consultant and in Human Resources in banking in the UK and Ireland before moving to Zurich. I’m on a career break at the moment, spending time with my two kids, Malin who’s 4 and Christian who’s 1 and a half.
- I’m not into chick flicks apart from anything with Matthew McConaughey in it (How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, right?!). I love action movies and comedies. My favourites are Old School, The Usual Suspects, The Godfather (all of them) and Grace Kelly movies.
- I hate my nose, it’s the one part of my body I would fix if I could get plastic surgery. Some day!
Bonus fact if you’ve come this far… my favourite song line is ‘I keep falling over, I keep passing out’ – if you know the song and the band we can be friends.