I’m just back from two weeks in Tenerife and thought I’d do one post with a round-up of what I wore (instead of death by individual outfit post, hate that…) and the holiday packing essentials that made up the foundation of my vacation wardrobe.
So here are my 7 favourite looks, 6 essential pieces and what not to pack! Hopefully this will help you when you’re facing similar holiday packing dilemmas soon!
6 Holiday Packing Essentials
1. DENIM – I’m addicted to denim so I always pack a pair wherever I go. Boyfriend jeans are perfect for travel and you can’t go wrong with cut-off shorts for sight-seeing or lazy days. I bought these jeans from Zara last year but I’ve found a similar pair for you here. My boyfriend shorts are from Levi’s (the Levi’s store added the cutest patches for me, check out my Instagram) and I also packed (and wore) this pair from Stradivarius.
2. FLORAL DRESS – this floral shirt dress is the perfect day dress and looks great with slides and with barely-there heels for a more dressed up look. I’m not usually a florals person but absolutely love the bold print and tie waist on this dress. I definitely recommend this dress even if you’re a bit scared of print, trust me it’s a keeper!
3. STATEMENT BAG – I always bring a small messenger bag to carry the daily essentials but I also like to have a statement bag for extra fashion points. Check out my honest review of the Cult Gaia Ark bag here. It’s on pre-order here.
4. LOOSE SHIRT – you know I love an oversized white shirt and there’s nothing better than his shirt, this one’s from Marks & Spencer. As well as stealing it I also wore this embroidered striped top, the billowy sleeves are amazing! It’s quite baggy so size down. I’m wearing XS and usually wear a size UK 8.
5. BOYFRIEND BLAZER – this longline blazer from Tibi is one of my absolute favourite pieces. I wear it all the time. It was perfect with shorts and a tee for touring the small Spanish villages on the island. Kudos to me for not getting any sauce on it when we found the most incredible restaurant, The Oasis, in old town Adeje. They serve traditional Canadian spicy chicken. You have to check it out next time you’re there! Sooo good!
6. SLIDES – of all the shoes I brought with me I kept going back to this pair from Isabel Marant. So chic and love the nautical vibes. These are going to be summer favourites.
Things I Brought But Didn’t Wear
People please learn from my mistakes…
– Packed 4 bikinis, wore 2
– Took 2 denim skirts, 1 pleated midi skirt and 2 pairs of denim shorts. I wore the denim shorts and didn’t bother with the skirts
– Brought 7 pairs of shoes – 4 pairs of flat sandals, 1 pair of heels, 2 pairs of trainers. I wore the heels, 1 pair of trainers and 2 pairs of sandals
What Am I Missing?
I would love to know what your holiday packing essentials are. Let me know what you bring in your case and what I’m missing!
Thanks for dropping by – J xx