If ever there was proof symmetry is over-rated it’s this dress. I’m always on the look out for an elevated basic and this asymmetric piece brings all the drama with an angular flare. I spotted it in Vienna last week and knew I was on to a winner. Just look at those ruffles!
Le Grand Tour
I’m just back from an amazing week in Germany and Austria. We decided to take a trip at the last minute, literally a day before we left. As we weren’t in the mood for a beach holiday (maybe in October) we thought we’d do a couple of city breaks in one. So we started off in Munich then moved on to Vienna and popped into Salzburg and Innsbruck on the way back to Zurich. Have you been? They’re such beautiful places. I only appreciate a holiday when I’m home (drinking tea, feet up, staring at the cases I still haven’t unpacked) so looking back my favourite moments were:
- Forgetting what day it was, often
- Finding this white dress and not spilling anything on it despite being surrounded by pizza, rosé, dark chocolate ice-cream and my kids all day before these pictures were taken
- Feeling very small and very human next to the colossal Alps in Innsbruck
- Surviving 4 hours in the car without a coffee break (unheard of and downright agony)
- Our stay at the Palais Hansen Kempinski hotel in Vienna. I tried to move in but they noticed my feet slowly moving under the tables in the lobby lounge. This hotel is everrrything
- The rustic cobbled Salzburg streets and the light at sunset when these shots were taken. Incredible and very flattering, thanks Salzburg
- Being brought (very willingly) into the Gucci store to pick a wedding anniversary present, yes I squealed a little inside!
- The kids play area and beer garden combo in Munich = happy kids / happy man
- The muted colored buildings in Vienna that give the city a luminous touché eclat effect. I think it has the same filter they use on Made In Chelsea.
No matter what country I’m in I always head for Zara as it has such a great selection of basics and trend pieces. I picked up a pair of Gucci inspired slippers while I was there plus a statement tee and denim culottes (all coming to the blog soon) and this dress. As LWDs go this one got my attention. I love the round neckline and proportions of the dropped waist and 3/4 length sleeves. This really is a flattering look on everyone. Just size up if you want a looser fit or longer length. The asymmetric cut and flare frill on the skirt is just so dramatic, very swishy when you walk!
Can we just take a minute to reflect on the price here – €29, which I think is a complete bargain. My advice is hurry on up and get it! This is a great transition dress as we move into autumn, I can see me wearing it with a pair of ankle boots and black moto jacket when the days start to get cooler.
Sidenote on Ghost Legs
Does anyone else have a problem tanning their legs? Mine just seem to stay white even when the rest of me gets colour. When I feel my pasty skin needs a boost I use Sally Hansen spray tan for legs. It really is the business. Get it if you have similar ghost leg issues.
Heh, did you know I’m now on Bloglovin? It would mean so much if you could follow me on there and you get to stay up to date with all my posts!
Thanks for dropping by – J ♥
(Totally upstaged by this horse fountain!!!)
Dress ♦ Zara
Lace-Up Sandals ♦ New Look (old, similar here)
Mini Bag ♦ Furla (sold out online, similar here)