Last minute trips are my favourite! There’s no time to overthink things, expectations are as low as they are high. Plus you have to pack quick, just grab what you have and go! So as soon as we decided to go to Geneva (literally a few days ago) for this weekend’s break, I immediately packed this navy gingham dress. I picked it up in the Zara sale last week for £17.99 (yes, TOTAL bargain!!) and knew I was onto a winner.
What To Pack for a 72-Hour City Break
(advice from a natural over-packer who’s learned the hard way)
I try to stick to a colour scheme when I travel so that things mix and match, it’s just easier. Plus I don’t get as much stick for hogging all the space in the case. So for this trip I chose navy, white and grey with a side of camel.
- I packed boyfriend jeans, 2 white tees (one plain, one slogan), a striped blazer from BCBGeneration, this navy and white gingham dress which could be dressed up or down, and another dress with long sleeves.
- I brought 3 pairs of shoes: white sneakers from Mango, my go-to navy suede boots from Dune London and my new Saint Laurent camel slides which I absolutely ADORE. But as the weather was SO COLD and WET the beautiful slides stayed put in their individual cloth bags. Patience, patience…
What To Do in Geneva
Geneva, as you would expect, is a beautiful Swiss city. Between the weather and the kids needing rest breaks, snack breaks… we don’t get to do everything we had planned but here are my highlights:
- Lunch at the Parisian style Cafe Leo at Rond-Point de Rive, more of a restaurant than a cafe. Get the veal escalope and tarte au citron and pretend you’re in Paris.
- A walk around the cobbled streets of the old town, Vieille-Ville.
- A shopping trip in the city centre on Rue du Rhone and Rue du Marche. So many shops, so little time…
- A visit to Carouge, Geneva’s Little Italy. The area exudes mediterranean vibes, boutique shops, artisan restaurants and amazing gelato.
- Macaroons, people watching and pink decor at the Laduree Cafe Quai Des Bergues.
- The famous Jet d’Eau on Lake Geneva – find a jetty, throw your legs over, sit back and admire the view.
Keep scrolling for links to everything I’m wearing.
I hope you’ve had a great weekend! Thanks for dropping by – J x