This MSGM stripe ruffle top is now officially one of my favourite pieces in my wardrobe. It came with me to London last weekend when I met up with blogger friends, and what happens when 6 fashion bloggers, 1 creme brûlée and the MSGM stripe ruffle top of dreams get together? Well I’ll tell you…
That MSGM stripe ruffle top
But first we need to talk about this top. I love it! There are certain labels I rely on and MSGM is one of those brands. Massimo Giorgetti’s designs are bold and feminine, full of colour, pattern clashes and confident tailoring. This blue and white stripe ruffle top is a great example of MSGM’s aesthetic. The ruffles on the shoulders and sleeves create volume and a striking silhouette. It’s fierce and completely wearable at the same time.
Do you want one?
I got my top in No. 2 in Zurich. If you’re in the neighbourhood check out this amazing store (they didn’t pay or ask me to say this). As well as MSGM they stock Stella Jean, Karen Walker, Jonathan Simkhai, Vivetta, Current Elliott and more.
The best things in life are (mostly) unplanned and uncomplicated…
Like the best things in life our blogger get-together was organised last minute! Before lunch at The Ivy Brasserie in Soho I met up with these two beauties Charlotte (Nylon Threads) and Vikki (Style Minimalism) for a quick photoshoot on the streets. This is the first time I’ve done a shoot with other bloggers. It turns out it’s not as easy as it looks (who knew walking in a straight line without looking goofy could be so tricky!) but I’m so pleased with how the shots turned out!
Thanks to Charlotte, Vikki and the other amazing girls Ashley (Miss Gunner), Belle (Honeybelleworld) and Shannon (founder of TheClck a digital style network and community for influencers) for a Prosecco filled day and for all the laughs and chats. Keep scrolling if you want to know what we talked about over lunch!
What bloggers really talk about
What do 6 fashion bloggers talk about when they get together? Pull up a pew, I’ll tell you all…
- Blogging (no great surprise there) – where will our blogging journey’s take us and how will the rise (and fall?) of social media platforms affect influencer behaviour.
- Ashley’s recent move to London – she had only been in the country a few days when we dragged her away from house hunting, shopping and acclimatising to London weather. Good luck Ashley and welcome!!
- The changing landscape of influencer marketing – the increase in the number of brands working with and paying influencers for endorsement, which can only be a good thing so long as the influencer maintains their integrity and shares their real opinion. It’s not about ‘loving’ every product we’re paid to review, right?
- Charlotte’s new Gucci Dionysus bag which looked absolutely amazing with her one-shoulder summer dress and oversized trench coat! I don’t think I could love another bag the way I love my Dionysus. For an in-depth review of the Blue Blooms Dionysus read here.
- Clean eating – Belle you are my inspiration, I need to be so much more disciplined with my eating habits though I’m not sure about complete coffee elimination!
- Those frustrating Instagram changes – the algorithm and shadow-banning that is impacting our reach and access to the people we follow. Yet it has also cemented our desire to continue blogging and building engagement and influence because we love what we do.
- Vicki’s astonishingly spacious ‘Mary Poppins’ clutch bag. Seriously she had everything in that bag – extra camera lenses, charged batteries, memory cards and this bag was tiny!
- Shannon’s digital community TheClck and how she’s bringing bloggers and influencers together in the UK and Ireland. This is such a great forum and brings a real business focus to what we do.
We also covered hair extensions, vlogging and my inability to share food, especially desserts. Sorry but that creme brûlée was too good to split!
Thanks for dropping by – J xx